The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a workshop given two and a half hours, once a week, for six weeks. People with different chronic health programs attend together. Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Decision making
- How to evaluate new treatments.
To register, call (808) 589-5905 or visit kidneyhi.org for more information.