November is National Healthy Skin Month and fall’s slight climate change always seems to irritate my skin causing me to break out more than I’d like. But there’s no sense in spending lots of money on new skincare products just because the seasons are changing. Save some money and treat yourself with this easy DIY cinnamon honey fall face mask by using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
DIY Cinnamon Honey Fall Face Mask
Original recipe from Skinny Ms.
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Cinnamon is great for naturally treating acne by drying it out. Its properties bring oxygen and blood to the skin's surface giving you plump and glowing skin. Be cautious with this ingredient; using it more than twice a week can irritate your skin and avoid getting it in or near your eyes, which could affect your vision.
- 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Honey's anti-inflammatory properties help soothe redness and irritation. It also has antibacterial agents that destroy bacteria that can lead to breakouts.
- 1. In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoons of honey.
- 2. Mix thoroughly.
- 3. Using clean fingers, generously spread the mixture over your face, avoiding the eyes and eyebrows.
- 4. Leave on to set for 10-15 minutes.
- 5. When done, rinse the mixture off with warm water using circular motions.
- 6. Pat dry with a towel.
- 7. Apply a toner. If you don't have a toner, lemon juice mixed with water is an awesome natural option.
- 8. Moisturize as normal.
Do you have a favorite fall-inspired face mask? Share with us in the comments below or on our Facebook page.